Academic Contributor Policy for Grad-Dreams' Website
Thank you for considering contributing to the Grad-Dreams blog. This platform serves as a comprehensive guide for students considering international education. This specific policy is tailored for Students, Researchers, Professors, and Academicians who are affiliated with educational institutions globally. The aim is to publish content that helps prospective and current students make informed decisions regarding their study abroad experiences and overall career.
A) Eligibility for Free Contributions
To encourage authentic and invaluable contributions from the academic community, Grad-Dreams will not charge for posts submitted officially through an institution's email ID. If the contribution does not come through an institution's email ID, it will be subject to the pricing as per our sponsored content policy.
B) General Guidelines
- Content: The article must be original, well-researched, and not published elsewhere.
- Length: Articles should ideally be between 800-1,500 words.
- Tone: The tone should be educational, informative, and aligned with the Grad-Dreams brand voice.
- Links: A maximum of two 'do-follow' external links are allowed per article, provided they are non-promotional and add value to the content.
C) Topics We Encourage
- Study Abroad Tips (Applications, Admissions, On Campus Experiences etc.)
- Do's and Don'ts (for students going abroad)
- Fine Arts
- Hotel & Hospitality
D) What We Allow and Do Not Allow
What We Allow:
- External Links: Up to two 'do-follow' external links, if they add value to the content.
- Images and Media: Relevant, copyright-free images, charts, or videos are encouraged.
- Quotes and Data: Must be appropriately cited and linked to their original sources.
- Author Bio: A brief author bio is encouraged, with a link to the contributor's professional or academic profile.
What We Do Not Allow:
- Duplicate Content: All content must be original.
- Promotional Content: Articles must not promote any specific product, service, or institution.
- Offensive or Divisive Topics: Any content of this nature will not be accepted.
- Misinformation: All claims should be backed by reliable data and sources.
E) How to Submit
- Proposal: Send a brief topic proposal and outline to [Your Email Address], from your institution's email ID for free contributions.
- Review: Our editorial team will review your proposal and respond within 7 business days.
- Draft: Upon approval, you may proceed to write the article.
- Final Submission: Submit the draft in Google Doc or Word format.
- Feedback: You will be informed of any necessary revisions within 14 business days.
- Publication: Once finalized, the article will be scheduled for publication.
F) Author Credit Guidelines
- Author Bio: Featured at the end of the article, along with a brief description, one external link to your academic profile, and an optional photo.
- Byline: Included at the beginning of the article.
- Social Media: We will tag or mention authors when articles are shared on Grad-Dreams' social media channels.
- Ongoing Credit: You will continue to receive credit even if the article is updated in the future.
For submissions of a non-commercial nature that are sent via a verified institutional email address, no fees will be charged for the contribution.
H) AI-Generated Content Policy:
We understand that AI and machine learning technologies offer advanced capabilities for content generation. However, Grad-Dreams places a high value on authentic, human-generated insights and experiences, especially when it comes to educational advice and information. Consequently, we do not accept articles, reports, or any other types of content that are generated by artificial intelligence.
Why We Do Not Accept AI-Generated Content:
- Lack of Personal Insight: AI-generated content cannot provide the personal experiences and insights that come from human contributors.
- Quality Control: While AI has made strides in generating readable text, it often lacks the nuanced understanding of specific topics, contexts, and audiences that a human writer would understand.
- Ethical Concerns: The usage of AI-generated content could lead to misinformation or data inaccuracies, which could mislead our readers.
- Originality: AI-generated content can sometimes produce text that closely resembles existing content on the internet, posing potential plagiarism risks.
I) Anti-Plagiarism Policy
Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. All content submitted must be the original work of the author and not copied from other sources. Any citations or quotations should be properly credited and cited according to academic standards. Submissions will be reviewed for plagiarism, and any content found to be plagiarized will not be published. Moreover, the contributor may be permanently banned from submitting future articles to Grad-Dreams.
Grad-Dreams reserves the right to reject any submission that does not align with our guidelines or objectives. We may also make minor editorial adjustments to fit our style guide and aims.
Copyright Disclaimer for All Categories:
All submitted content must be the original work of the author and not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party. By submitting a guest post, contributors grant Grad-Dreams a non-exclusive, perpetual license to the content, which may include distribution, reproduction, and public display. Grad-Dreams reserves the right to remove any content that is found to be infringing on the copyrights of others. For any content removal or copyright concerns, please refer to our DMCA policy.